If you are starting a blog or even if you have been blogging for years, it never hurts to have some lifestyle blog post ideas. Lifestyle blogs encompass a ton of different topics, so you are bound to find something that perks your interest!
Lifestyle blogs are basically those that are about personal interests and daily activities. Because we all live different lives, this can look much different from one blogger to another!
Being a lifestyle blogger gives you more freedom to write about what you want, instead of needing to stick to one specific niche.
As a lifestyle blogger, you can write about crafts, books, routines, relationship building, favorite outfits, music, and more!
This list will give you enough lifestyle blog post ideas to last you at least the year!
If you are looking for even more blog post ideas, you might be interested in the following:
- Fall blog post ideas
- Summer blog post ideas
- Thanksgiving blog post ideas
- New years blog post ideas
- Winter blog post ideas
- Christmas blog post ideas
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase
Keep in mind this list is SUPER long, so make sure you write down your favorites, or bookmark/pin this post for later!
Don’t forget to sign up for your FREE blog post planner! Choose one of these lifestyle blog post ideas, then use our blog planner to help you create the BEST post possible!
Why create a lifestyle blog?
There is a bit of debate between lifestyle blogs and personal blogs. Lifestyle blogs, as mentioned previously, include a variety of different topics related to daily routines and personal interests. A personal blog can cover these topics too. So, what’s the difference?
Well, personal blogs are written for you. Think of it as an online diary. You might talk about topics like a crazy dream you had last night, goals you are working on, or a place to vent and release stress.
These blogs are not written for the reader. Though you might have a following of readers, the topics are written for you, not them.
In a lifestyle blog, topics are chosen that readers are interested in. Not many readers will be interested in that weird dream you had last night, but they might be interested in how to sleep better. See the difference?
So, how do you choose which route to go?
Opt for a personal blog if you are not looking to monetize your blog or gain a lot of traffic. This will be more of a hobby than a business. Choose a lifestyle blog if you want more topics to write about than in other niches, and also want to eventually make money or gain a following.
With lifestyle blogs, you can write about a lot! Here are some lifestyle blog post ideas you might be interested in writing!
Can you make money with a lifestyle blog?
Many bloggers debate whether or not you can make money with a lifestyle blog. The short answer is, yes.
However, it might take you longer. Because lifestyle topics are more widespread, you might have difficulty deciphering who your audience is. You might have an audience that likes your relationship posts, and a completely different audience who likes your beauty posts. Hopefully, they become the same audience.
Generally, the more “niched- down” your topic is, the more likely you will make money. This is easy to understand: if you were looking to buy a book on relationship advice, you would go straight to a relationship website, not a lifestyle blog that talks about 10 different topics.
However, this doesn’t mean you can’t make money. There are plenty of lifestyle bloggers out there who do just fine! Just know, it might be a bit harder, but you got this! Write what you are passionate about, and the rest will come.
Unique Lifestyle Blog post ideas!
- Favorite healthy snack recipes
- Best Ted talks for ____
- Shopping money-saving tips
- Favorite candles for the ___ holiday season
- Best habits to incorporate in your morning routine
- Best habits to incorporate in your bedtime routine
- Share your self-care routine
- What’s in your bag?
- 10 things you can’t live without
- How to be more mindful
- Best tips for college students
- Best tips for new moms
- Top 10 habits of successful people (Related: Habits of successful bloggers)
- No spend weekend ideas
- Your go-to winter/summer outfit
- Tips to liven up your home
- Staying fit without using the gym
- Natural cleaning recipes
- Makeup dos and donts
- Eating well for your skin
- Favorite online quizzes
- Favorite smoothie recipes
- Fun box lunch ideas for the kids
- One month self-care challenge
- Top money-saving apps
- Creating a hygge home
- How to declutter and organize your kitchen
- How to declutter and organize your closet
- Creating a “no makeup” look
- Cheap date night ideas
- Worst places you’ve visited
- Best places you’ve visited
- Round up of embarrassing stories
- How to save money at ____
- Best playlist for working out/ going to the beach/ holidays/ etc
- Things to do before you turn 30
- Preparing for an interview
- Worst habits to break immediately
- How to fall asleep faster
- Ways to improve your mental health
- 5-minute makeup routine for busy moms
- How to have a DIY spa day
- Best work from home outfits (aka best sweatpants)
- Best Amazon wardrobe finds
- Best marriage advice
- Tips for stay at home moms
- Gift ideas for moms
- Gift ideas for dads
- Top 10 favorite Netflix shows right now
- Eating healthy on a budget
- Honeymoon ideas
- Babymoon ideas
- Home office essentials
- Slow cooker recipes
- Studying tips for college students
- Best weekend getaway ideas
- How to save money at the grocery store
- Shopping tips with a toddler
- Household cleaning monthly schedule
- How to meal prep
- Family traditions around the world
- How to help children reduce stress
- Indoor activities for toddlers
- Fun games to play in the snow
- Non-screen hobbies for kids
- Favorite inspirational books
- Planning a wedding on a budget
- DIY gift under $__
- How to have healthier hair
- How to make money online
- The benefit of green tea
- DIY makeup, lotions, etc.
- Best lipstick shades for the season
- Spring cleaning checklist
- Haircare regimen
- Skincare regimen
- Decorating an apartment on a budget
- Day in the life of a blogger
- Favorite iPhone apps
- Pantry essentials
- Favorite summer cocktail recipes
- Your go-to party appetizer
- Most inspirational podcasts
- DIY face mask recipe
- Impactful affirmations
- Building self-confidence
- How to love your body again
- Ways to combat anxiety, depression, etc.
- Winter date night ideas
- Side hustle ideas
- How to set goals you’ll actually achieve
- Healthy habits to start making immediately
- How to drink more water during the day
- Cute outfits for work
- How to travel with children
- Self-care for parents
- Solo travel tips
- Road tripping with children
- First day of school traditions
- How to organize your pantry
- Top Dollar Tree finds
- What to do during a snow day
- Laundry hacks for busy moms
- A roundup of favorite shoes
- How to plan a vacation for cheap
- How to set the table for ____
- Cute office supplies every blogger needs
- Fun essentials for your car
- How to relax after a long workday
- Easy hobbies to get into
- How to decorate your porch for ___
- How to start a garden in your backyard
- 10 date night outfits
- What to never buy at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc.
- Tips for training your puppy
- Puppy proofing your home
- How to order glasses online (and actually like how they fit!)
- High protein meal plan
- Weight loss meals
- Weight gain meals
- Keeping your skin hydrated this winter
- Exercise equipment you can use anywhere
- How to stay healthy during Flu season
- Cutest comforters
- Soup ideas for the winter
After you write one of these lifestyle blog post ideas, don’t forget to promote them on Pinterest! Here are 10 FREE Pinterest pin templates so you can get a head start on marketing your work!