Summer time is quickly approaching, and now is the time to start thinking about your Summer blog post ideas! It is recommended to start planning content for seasons or holidays about 2-3 weeks in advance. For even better results, plan 2-3 months ahead of time!
Regardless of what your blog niche is, there are plenty of Summer blog post ideas for you to think about.
It is important to give your readers content that relates with the time of year, season, holiday, etc. This will help guarantee you the best possible traffic to your site.
By looking ahead in the year, you can start to come up with content ideas. There are many ways to do this:
- Do some searches on Google Trends to see what topics are gaining popularity over time
- Dive into Pinterest Analytics and see what topics users are interested in
- Search on Pinterest. For example, if you are looking at Summer content, type in Summer, and see what posts and suggestions come up.
- Think about what you would want to read in that season or time of year. What things are popular? Are there any holidays? What problems might people have during this time?
Take some time to brainstorm content ideas, or even ask a friend! Here are some lists for each niche that will jump start your brainstorming for Summer blog post ideas!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Summer blog post ideas: Travel
Travel bloggers focus primarily on travel guides, travel tips, products, and ideas. Summer time is a huge season for traveling, so there will most likely be tons of readers looking for your content! Get ahead of their questions with these ideas:
- Unforgettable Summer Vacation Ideas
- Top Summer Destinations in Europe
- Ultimate Summer Road Trip
- Summer Travel Outfits
- Summer Travel Essentials
- Family Summer Travel
- Best Summer Vacations for Kids
- Best US Summer Vacation Spots
- What to do in the Summer when you Can’t Travel
- Summer Travel Tips
- Solo Summer Travel
- Cheap Summer Travel Ideas
- Packing Tips for Summer Travel
- Summer Camping Tips
- Traveling with Pets in the Summer
- Colder Destinations to Travel to in the Summer Time
Most women know that beauty routines tend to alter in the summer time. The sun is different, humidity attacks your hair, and your skin will get sweatier. Help your readers out by answering their beauty questions early, so they can get all the right products for summer!
- Summer Skin Care Tips
- Summer Hair Care Tips
- Makeup Ideas for Summer
- Best Sunless Tanners
- Best Sunscreen for Summer
- Applying Makeup in the Summer
- Pretty Nail Polish Colors for Summer
- Summer Spa Day
- Shaving Tips for Summer
- Natural Makeup for Summer
- Beach Hair Tutorial
- Easy Hair Styles for Summer
- Best Foundation for Summer
- How to Keep Makeup in Place during the Summer
- Battling Summer Hair Humidity
- Best Deodorant for Summer
- How to Prevent Chafing in the Summer
- Sunburn Prevention and Remedies
- Summertime Skincare Mistakes
- Hairstyles without Heat
Food is always important, but more so in the summer with all the picnics, BBQs, and just days with nothing else to do! Create some recipes you would want to eat in the summer, and get ready to share them with your readers! Remember, its going to be hot, so the less heat required, the better!
- Picnic Food Ideas
- Campfire Snacks
- Summer Salads
- Refreshing Summer Desserts
- Refreshing Summer Drinks
- 4th of July Recipes
- Backyard BBQ Recipes
- BBQing Tips
- No Oven Dinners for Hot Summer Days
- Summer Cooking with Kids
- Beach Day Recipes
- Poolside Snacks
- Healthy Summer Recipes
- Kabob Recipes
- Camping Snacks & Dishes
- No Heat Tasty Desserts
Many people try to get their summer body before summer actually hits. But, it is never a bad time to work on your health and fitness! With the weather being nicer, there are plenty more opportunities to get sweaty and get your health back on track!
- Healthy Summer Meals/Snacks
- Water Infusions to Stay Hydrated
- Summer Smoothie Recipes
- Beach Workout Plan
- Pool Workout
- Summer Skincare Routine
- Working Out When it’s Too Hot
- Sticking to your Workout Routine in the Summer
- Summer Activities to Sneak in some Workouts
- Working out While on Vacation
- Eating Healthy in the Summer
- Healthy Summer Tips
- Self Care Summer Hacks
- Mental Health Summer Tips
- Summer Safety Tips
- Summer Workout Challenge
With warm weather comes a new phase of fashion. Shorts, tank tops, dresses, sandals, sunglasses, you name it! What do you think your readers will want to wear this summer? What fashion trends are gaining popularity?
- Best Sundresses for Summer
- Comfiest Summer Shoes
- Looking Stylish in Summer Heat
- Summer Wardrobe Must-Haves
- Cute Sunglasses for Summer
- Casual Summer Outfits
- Mens Summer Outfits
- Summer Outfits for Kids
- Accessories for Summer
- Beach Day Fashion
- What to Wear on a Hot Summer Night
- Purses & Handbags for Summer
- Summer Clothes for Women Over 50
- Hot Rainy Day Outfit
- Fabrics to Keep you Cool in the Summer Heat
- Alternatives to Shorts
School’s out and the kids are home all summer long. Help your readers who are parents by giving them some kind of idea how to entertain them all summer without school!
- Summer Activity List for Children
- Summer Bucket List for Kids
- Children’s Summer Crafts
- Children’s Summer Bingo
- Summer Chores for Kids
- Rainy Day Activities for Kids in the Summer
- Summer Schedule for Kids
- Educational Summer Activities for Children
- Beach Day Essentials for Kids
- Pool Day Essentials for Kids
- Outside Obstacle Course for Kids
- Outdoor Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Summer Sensory Activities for Children
- Getting your Kids to Read in the Summer
- What to do with your Teen in the Summer
- Summer Activities for the Whole Family
- Summer Contract with your Teen
There is never a bad time to work on yourself. Summer time vibes often encourage people to start making better habits and choices, so try to help foster that! Many people have off in the summer time, which makes it a great time to start making some self improvements.
- Summer Self Care Challenge
- Self Help Books for your Summer Reading List
- Controlling your Negative Self Talk
- Mental Health Summer Staycation
- Self Care Sunday Ideas
- Summer Routine for Happiness
- Summer and Body Confidence
- Making New Healthy Habits this Summer
- Realistic Summer Personal Growth Goals
- Self Care Ideas or Bad Days
- Dealing with FOMO In the Summer
- Ways to Spend Time Alone in the Summer
- 15 Minute Summer Morning Routine
- Summer Mental Health Cleanse
- Summer Self Care Rituals
- Nighttime Summer Routine
- Summer Self Care Products
- Best Self Improvement Podcasts, Books, Courses, etc.
- Redefine yourself this Summer
- Summer Contract with Yourself
With the sun shining and warm weather, it is hard to find an excuse not to do that home project you’ve been putting off. Motivate your readers by giving them simple guides to get these chores done!
- DIY Home Projects for Summer
- Summer Home Maintenance Must Dos
- Summer Backyard Improvement Ideas
- Home Decor Ideas for Summer
- Home Organization for Summer
- Weekend Home Projects for Summer
- Staining your Deck
- Paving your Driveway
- Reorganizing your Garage
- Landscaping Ideas
- Gardening Tips
- End of Summer Home Maintenance
- DIY Outdoor Decorations for your Home
- Getting your Home Ready for Summer
- Arranging your Porch
- Building the Ultimate Backyard Patio
- Keeping the House Cool in the Summer Time
Arts & Crafts
With the kids home all summer and the sun being too hot to enjoy sometimes, why not do a craft? Give your readers some fun things to mess around with, and include the kids! Make it messy and fun, and crafts you can do outdoors.
- Summer Art Projects for Kids
- How to Make Homemade Chalk
- Crafts Made with Leaves for Kids
- How to Paint with Bubbles
- How to Make a Summer Wreath for your Door
- Summer DIY Projects
- 4th of July Crafts
- Summer Crafts for Adults
- DIY Outdoor Furniture
- Backyard DIY Projects
- Best Tie Dye Patterns
- Water Gun Paintings
- Color Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- How to Make a Backyard Sized Board Game
- Projects with Shells from the Beach
- DIY Table Fire Bowls
- Crafts for Kids with Sticks
- Cricut Summer Projects
- Summer Crochet Ideas
Summer time brings different activities to do with your partner, but some readers might need help thinking of things to do. Readers are bored of staying indoors watching movies all day, so what else can they do?
- Things to do in the Summer with your Boyfriend/Girlfriend
- What to do in the Summer with your Husband/Wife
- How to Work on your Relationship this Summer
- Summer Bucket List with your Partner
- Long Distance Relationship Tips
- Going on Vacation with your Partner
- Dating in the Summer Time
- Strengthen your Marriage this Summer
- Best Summer Date Ideas
- Cheap Summer Dates for You and your Partner
- Summer Dating Outfits
- Summer Conversation Starters for Newly Dating Couples
- Red Flags he Just Wants a Summer Fling
- Going through a Break up this Summer
- At Home Summer Dates for Married Couples
- Staying Safe when Dating this Summer
- Outdoor Date Ideas
- How to Start Dating this Summer
- Summer Proposal Ideas
- Summer Wedding Tips
There is no better time than summer to start a fun new hobby. With some extra time on your hands and nice weather, the possibilities are endless! Provide some introductory material for those looking to get into certain activities.
- Learn to Garden
- How to Start Blogging
- Simple Yoga Moves for Beginners
- Learn to Play Piano
- Best ways to make Flower Arrangements
- Make your Own Pottery
- Photography Tips for Beginners
- List of Hobbies for Moms
- Hobbies for Teens
- Creating an Etsy Shop
- Introduction to Extreme Couponing
- How to get into Candle Making
- What is Geocaching?
- What Clubs you can Join when you are Bored
- Summer Hobbies for Teachers besides Lesson Planning for Next Year
- Hobbies for Kids
- How to Experiment with Makeup for Beginners
- Simple Summer Recipes for Beginner Chefs
- Introduction to Sewing
- Budget Summer Hobbies
- How to Decide What Hobby is for You
Music, movies, TV shows, books, and more. List some things to watch on a rainy summer day or once the sunsets? What should readers listen to on the beach? What kind of entertainment would you want to know about in the summer?
- Best Summer Movies for Kids
- How to Create an Outdoor Movie Theatre
- Best Playlist for this Summer
- Top New Shows on Netflix to Watch this Summer
- Amazing Bands on Tour this Summer
- Top New Movies Coming Out this Summer
- Summer Entertaining Ideas
- Best Summer TV Series to Binge on Rainy Days
- Games You’ll be Addicted to This Summer
- Must Watch Summer Documentaries
- New Book Releases this Summer
- Entertaining Guests in your Backyard
- Best Playlist for Beach Days
- Pool Playlist
- Summer Workout Playlist
motivation to write in the summer
Even if you have all the Summer blog post ideas in the world, actually writing them can prove to be quite a challenge.
In the summer time, it is understandable why you would want to be outside instead of being cooped up at your desk writing all day. However, summer time is a big time for bloggers, as many more people have off from work and are searching for ideas.
So, how can you stay motivated to continue writing during the summer time?
- Make a schedule for yourself. Set out an hour or two per day that works for you where you can spend time writing.
- If there is a rainy or cold day, use that to get ahead on your writing!
- Why not write outside? Take your laptop to the beach or poolside. Or, even take it to the patio of a bar and have a drink while you work!
- Don’t feel bad for canceling plans or telling friends no. Consider this your job, and it needs your time!
- Write about things that you are passionate about. If you don’t love it (or at least tolerate it), it will be MUCH more difficult to stay motivated.
- Reward yourself for your efforts. Finished a post? Be done for the day and enjoy the sun!
- Try to work either in the mornings or at night time, when you won’t be doing much anyway. That way, you have the full day to frolic in the sun!
- If you are going on vacation, try to schedule content in advanced. If not, don’t beat yourself up! Your readers can wait a week if you don’t get a chance to post. Enjoy yourself!
I hope you enjoyed these Summer blog post ideas! As always, feel free to contact me with any questions about this article, or anything else blogging related! My mission is to help you all surpass your blogging goals, so use me as a resource if you ever need to!
My contact info is in the top menu, or you can leave a comment below with any questions!