Choosing your blog niche is one of the most important steps in starting your website. This list will give you the types of blogs that make money!
Maybe you are just starting out, or thinking about starting a blog. You might already know what you are interested in, and in that case, awesome!
If you aren’t sure what niche you want your blog to fall under just yet, no worries! This list should help give you some inspiration!
Chances are, you’ve come here because you want to monetize your blog in the future. Making money online is becoming more and more of an option, either for some part-time money or a full-time job!
The best part about working online is that you can make money with any niche– you just have to find your audience! However, some niches do tend to make more money than others.
It is important to note though, that just because one blogger made money in a certain niche, doesn’t mean you will, and vice versa.
Yes, your niche is important, but what is more important is the time and effort you put into building your brand.
Once you’ve decided on your niche, it will be time to brainstorm your blog name!
These two first steps can be the most difficult. Getting started is sometimes the hardest part of anything in life. However, once you take those first couple of steps, you’ll be on your way to a money-making blog!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Queen Bee Bloggers newsletter to get exclusive blogging news and deals. Plus, you will get a FREE blog post planner to help you through your very first blog post!
Types of Blogs that Make Money
Before we get started on our list of types of blogs that make money, let’s do a little brainstorming. If you are feeling stuck, and unsure of what niche you want to fall under, there are some questions you might want to ask yourself:
- What do you find yourself thinking about much of the time?
- What activities do you gravitate towards in your free time?
- If you had unlimited free time, how would you spend it?
- What are you most curious about?
- What topics could you write hundreds or thousands of posts about?
- What do others come to you to ask about?
- Are you an expert in anything? Do you want to be an expert in anything? What?
- Think of your perfect, most ideal day. What does it look like? How are you spending your day?
As you answer these questions, it may become clear what activities and areas of life interest you the most. Write some of these ideas down, and see if they relate to one another!
Even if your ideas don’t quite relate just yet, don’t worry! You can likely combine them later on!
Ways to make money with any blog niche
No matter what your blog niche is, you can monetize it! You will find many of the suggestions in this list are kind of similar, just altered based on the niche! Here are some general ways to make money blogging:
- Join affiliate programs
- Put ads on your site (I would wait until you reach the requirements to get accepted into Mediavine)
- Create and sell digital products
- Put together and sell an ebook
- Create a course or virtual training
- Host live classes online
- Use Instagram to get sponsorships
- Post videos on Youtube (and make money from ads)
- Create your own programs to sell
For more ideas, visit our list of ways to monetize your blog without ads!
Travel Blog Niche
One of my favorite types of blogs that make money is a travel blog! I chose to list this one first because this is how I started out!
I have always had a passion for travel, and have always considered it a huge part of my life. I had always wanted to document my travels, so one day I started a travel blog, which you can find here!
This niche can also include topics like budget travel, road trips, camping, world travel, family travel, etc.
There are so many ways you can make money with a travel blog:
- Affiliates for your favorite travel essentials
- Affiliates for travel booking resources such as Expedia, SouthWest Airlines, hotel bookings, airport lounge passes, airport parking, car rentals, and more!
- Learn more about affiliate marketing here!
- Selling digital products such as printable travel itineraries or other travel resources (packing lists, checklists, etc.)
- E-books for travel guides for your favorite destinations
- Training/courses: how to travel cheap, videos of destinations, travel tips, etc.
- And of course, advertisements (I recommend waiting until you get to 50k sessions per month to join Mediavine)
Cooking Blog Niche
Another one of my favorite types of blogs that make money are cooking or recipe blogs! There will always be a need for quality recipes, no matter what time of year! No one really uses cookbooks anymore and typically go straight to Google to search for the best recipe.
If you always find yourself in the kitchen cooking, baking, or playing around with different recipes, a cooking blog niche might be perfect for you!
This niche can also include topics like diets (vegan, keto, etc.), baking, cookie blog, cocktails, home brewing, etc.
Here are some ways you can make money with a recipe blog:
- Make your own cookbook! This can even be an ebook!
- Host cooking classes virtually
- Use affiliates to make sales on your favorite cooking materials or products (like that mixer or blender you love!)
- Start a Youtube channel so readers can see how to make your recipe
- Sell your food in your local area
- Take quality photos of your meals/food and get on Instagram- you can get paid sponsorships!
- And of course, advertisements (You don’t need ads to make money though!)
Beauty Blog Niche
Another one of my favorite types of blogs that make money is a beauty blog! If you always find yourself experimenting with makeup, new hairstyles, painting your nails, skincare, etc., a beauty blog might be for you!
This niche can also include topics such as personal style, high fashion, wedding updos, wedding makeup, natural beauty, etc.
Here are some ways you can make money with a beauty blog:
- Join affiliates to sell your favorite beauty products
- Host virtual classes to teach makeup, hair, nails, etc.
- Get on Youtube and share your beauty tutorials
- Use Instagram to share your beauty work- you can get sponsorships!
- Maybe make your own beauty supplies and sell them on Etsy!
- And of course, advertisements
Parenting/Mom blog niche
One of my favorite types of blogs that make money is a parenting or mom blog! If you’ve got little ones at home that are your pride and joy, maybe consider building a blog to help other families out! Being a new mom is tough, so building a supportive community can be extremely helpful!
This niche can also include topics like new moms, single moms, single dads, toddlers, teenagers, life after kids, IVF, etc.
Here are some ways you can make money with a parenting blog:
- Join affiliates for your favorite parenting tools: toys your child loves, tools you have found to be helpful, etc.
- Create and sell printables such as coloring worksheets or printable games for toddlers
- Put together an ebook full of your best parenting tips
- Create a course or training that includes all your best knowledge on ___ (whatever your specialty in this area is!)
- Host a supportive community for new moms, single dads, those with toddlers, etc (whatever your niche might be). You can make this paid, or use this group to help sell your other products!
Fitness/health blog niche
Another one of my favorite types of blogs that make money is a fitness/health blog. If you find yourself always working out or into the latest health trends, a fitness or health blog might be for you! This niche can also include topics like yoga, weight loss, bodybuilding, meditation, sports, pilates, hiking, etc.
Here are some ways to make money with a fitness/health blog:
- Join affiliates to sell your favorite fitness tools: exercise equipment, workout clothes, supplements, etc.
- Create your own workout program to sell
- Create and sell printables like workout calendars/schedules, weight loss trackers, etc.
- Get on Instagram and post your workouts. You can get sponsorships!
- Post your workout videos on Youtube- you can get paid for ads!
Other types of blogs that make money
- Personal finance blogs
- Fashion blog
- Personal development blogs
- Blogging about blogging (Like Queen Bee Bloggers!)
- Mental health blog
- Car blog
- Photography blog
- Relationship advice
- Book blog
- Eco-friendly living
- Arts and crafts/DIY
- Personal blog
- Wedding blog
- Video games blog
- Extreme sports
- Pet blog
- Educational blog
- Literally anything you could possible be interested in can be profitable!
A note on lifestyle blogs
Many bloggers chose a “lifestyle” niche. A lifestyle blog is basically a blog about personal interests and daily activities. It is pretty broad, but some topics can include things like date ideas, outfit inspiration, morning routines, house decor ideas, etc.
Because the topics in a lifestyle blog can be quite broad, it may be more difficult to make money with it. Now, this does not mean you can’t!
The best thing about blogging is that you can make money with any niche. However, with blogs that cover a wide variety of topics, it will just be a bit more difficult.
This is because your readers are coming from all different directions, so it can be more difficult to sell to them. For example, if you had a beauty blog and are selling makeup, it is likely your readers are interested in it!
If you have a lifestyle blog and are trying to sell a morning routine planner, readers might be coming to your blog for your house decor ideas, so they might not be interested in this planner!
However, don’t get discouraged- there are plenty of lifestyle bloggers who make 6-figures out there!
As you can see, there are plenty of types of blogs that make money, so pick your favorite and run with it!
Don’t forget to sign up for the Queen Bee Bloggers newsletter to get your FREE blog post planner, so you can get started writing on the right foot!